Making a Biological Record
There are several ways to turn your wildlife sightings into biological records. Visit our Overview page to learn all about biological recording.
The Apps and online recording sites are the easiest way to submit a record. They make sure you have added the required information and allow you to map the location and add photos and other information. The Apps makes life easy by adding the date and location automatically.
- The LERC Wales App (part of the iRecord family of Apps) allows you to record wildlife across Wales on your smartphone or tablet. Download from the Apple App Store or Android Play Store, register your account then log in to start recording.
- Our BIS Wired (Wildlife Recording Database) website enables you to submit your records online using the easy to use forms. BIS Wired (& iRecord online) are the place to edit any submitted records. Register your account and log in to start adding records.
- To submit a record without registering an account use our BIS Wired Casual recording form.
- Send a list of records to us on our Wildlife Recording Spreadsheet (Excel).
- More regular recorders can use biological software such as Recorder 6 or MapMate which can be directly exported to the BIS.
- Email or Mail us the details of a wildlife sighting. Visit our Contact Us page for our addresses.
Your records may be seen by a local expert who can check and verify your sightings. Most can be contacted for help and advice. Visit our Contact an Expert page.